A 10 Year Marriage Is No Excuse For A Divorce

A 10 year marriage is no excuse for a divorce. If the marriage is over ten years old, the state of Florida allows divorces, as long as the couple has not remarried within that timeframe. Florida is an equitable distribution state, meaning that each party gets an equal amount of assets, debt, child support, and alimony. This measure is also designed to give couples with children more options regarding how to divide their finances after divorce. If you have divorced before removing conditions on your 2-year green card, you need to file Form I-751 waiver application.

In order to file for a divorce, one party must live in Florida for six months before filing for divorce An exception to the residency requirement is military personnel stationed outside of Florida. Filing for a divorce must be done in the county where either party resides. It is advisable to consult a financial advisor to ensure you have the best financial situation after a divorce. The process isn’t always easy, but with some careful planning, you can minimize the stress and get the best outcome possible.

One of the main challenges facing Republican lawmakers is drafting legislation that would eliminate permanent alimony in Florida. Although the bill is still in its draft stage, it has already faced stiff opposition from Democrats and missed deadlines. Recently, Sen. Joe Gruters withdrawn Senate Bill 1922, which was scheduled for a floor vote tomorrow. Its House companion bill has passed all committees and is scheduled for a vote tomorrow.

Whether or not alimony is awarded in your 10 year marriage will depend on several factors, including the conduct of both parties during the marriage and any incidences of adultery. The court will also consider the amount of alimony or child support received. If the couple received income tax breaks, these payments can be deducted from your gross income. The only thing that cannot be deducted from your income is retirement plans. The law in Florida says these retirement plans are marital property, and split between you and your spouse.

If your spouse refuses to accept the divorce papers, you will have to prove that your spouse has failed to fulfill the requirement for constructive service. This process involves the use of the sheriff of your spouse’s county to serve the divorce papers. If you fail to obtain this, you can use constructive service, which means placing an ad in the local newspaper alerting your spouse to the divorce. This is another option, but the court must make sure your spouse is aware of the ad.

In Florida, you may qualify to receive some alimony Florida has five types of alimony, including rehabilitative support and temporary support. To qualify for alimony, you must demonstrate your need for financial support and the other spouse’s ability to provide it. You can also receive bridge-the-gap alimony. This type of alimony helps the lower-earning spouse maintain a basic level of financial stability during a long divorce.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Back to top button